Saturday, February 13, 2010

President Obama Speaks to the Muslim World from Cairo, Egypt - June 4, 2009


Cairo University Image via Wikipedia
















... "I am honored to be in the timeless city of Cairo, and to be hosted by two remarkable institutions.  For over a thousand years, Al-Azhar has stood as a beacon of Islamic learning; and for over a century, Cairo University has been a source of Egypt's advancement.  And together, you represent the harmony between tradition and progress.  I'm grateful for your hospitality, and the hospitality of the people of Egypt.  And I'm also proud to carry with me the goodwill of the American people, and a greeting of peace from Muslim communities in my country:  Assalaamu alaykum." - Barack Obama, June 4, 2009. | The White House | Speech and effort that won him Nobel Peace prize 2009. | http://j.mp/cj4zjJ 

No comments: